Airsoft GI DIY – Installing a New Inner Barrel
February 14, 2013
We received a lot of requests from customers on how to do some minor modifications to their airsoft guns. In the Airsoft GI DIY series of articles, I have Marq install minor modifications to standard airsoft guns that most airsofters can handle. These are very basic operations, and do not need to open up the gear box. Although these modifications are considered to be simple, if you do not feel comfortable, always seek technical help from our Tech Department.
Okay, so here we go. To start off this series of articles, I am going to start with changing your inner barrel.
Disclaimer: This is only a general guidance on how to install a new inner barrel on most Airsoft Electric Guns on the market. If you do not feel comfortable, please seek assistance from our Airsoft Smiths who are qualified to handle all tech works. Airsoft GI IS NOT responsible for damage inflicted on your airsoft guns by following these steps. Thank you.
Step 1: Take out the inner barrel
- Make sure the airsoft gun is unloaded.
- Turn off the hop up
- Remove the body pins, separating the upper receiver from lower receiver.
- From the upper receiver, slide the hop up unit and inner barrel out.
- Remove the C-Clip (which retain the barrel in the hop up unit), located on the bottom of the hop up unit.
- Remove the Hop up spacer (gold ring)
- Slide the hop up bucking and the barrel out of the hop up unit. (Hop up bucking and the barrel should come out together)
- Separate the Hop up bucking from the inner barrel
Step 2: Installing new barrel
- Pick a new inner barrel
- Apply silicon oil lubrication on the area where the bucking will be touching the inner barrel.
- Slide the bucking on to the new inner barrel (look closely for the trench).
- Apply silicon oil lubrication on the hop up bucking.
- Slide the inner barrel (now with the bucking) into the hop up unit. (Trench is on the bottom)
- Reinstall the barrel spacer.
- Reinstall the C-Clip.
- Slide the hop up unit (now with the inner barrel installed) back into the upper receiver.
- Put the Upper and lower receiver back together and put the body pins back in to their slot.
- Enjoy your new improved airsoft gun!