Game Type Ideas: Fox in the Chicken Coop
May 22, 2017
You don’t always need to go to fields to have a great time with airsoft or get an exciting game type. A lot of times you can get the same enjoyment from setting up private games with your friends wherever able. Especially for those of you who don’t have the necessary fields close by to deliver standing game play. I know that as much as we love our local fields, it isn’t always viable for us to get to them.
So in today’s blog post, and more blog posts to come, we will share game type ideas to help get more diversity in to your airsoft experience. This is a game type that I first played with my group of friends while studying in college and playing at a local area the National Parks service granted us to play on (as long as we informed them prior to our trips out).
Fox In The Chicken Coop
This game is a variant of a VIP mission type. It is a fast paced, objective oriented game that works well in many conditions.
2 Teams: roughly 4:1 or 5:1 in the VIP team favor.
- Assassin team, including 1 mole working with VIP team.
- VIP team, including bodyguards and a single target VIP.
- The Assassins choose 1 player from the VIP team to be a mole. The mole is unbeknownst to the VIP team, and therefore could be any one of the bodyguards.
- The VIP team has an LOD (Line of Departure) and an OBJ (objective) that the Assassin team know, thanks to the mole.
- The VIP team also has a set period of time to reach the OBJ before the mole goes active; ~5 minutes.
How The Game Type Plays:
Although the VIP team has superior firepower, the Assassin team has the element of surprise, as well as an incentive to stall the VIP team from reaching the OBJ until the Mole becomes active. After the time limit expires, the Mole is allowed to use CQB weapon systems to dispatch the VIP or his bodyguards. The VIP therefore must act quickly and decisively to win the game, since the VIPs chances of survival go down drastically once the Mole becomes active.
- The VIP team wins if the VIP player reaches the OBJ.
- The Assassin team wins if the VIP player is killed.
-All photos shamelessly stolen from my friends over at the Airsoft Club of Virginia Tech. Thanks for all the fun memories, fellas!
[Check out our New Products here:]
[Visit our selection of Airsoft Guns here:]