Last week, the fine gentlemen of GI’s Texas location decided that an in depth dive into the Classic Army Micro gun was necessary. The best way to find out how something works is to try and take it apart and put it together. Since the Classic Army Micro Gun already arrives disassembled they decided to put it together on camera for you (with a little help from everyone’s favorite TV personality-on-a-t-shirt Bob Ross).
Click past the Jump to see some of our tips on making sure your Micro Gun goes together correctly!
Now that you’ve seen how it goes together, we have a couple of tips for you to make sure your gun functions properly when it’s all done!
- Check your connections.
– It’s easy to think you seated your hoses properly (and it’s not shown in this video, but we made this mistake too) and then have your gun leak like crazy when you hook it up to air. Make sure you push the hoses past the O-rings properly. Make sure your electrical connections are secure, and you use the silicone sleeves to shield them from shorts once the gun is assembled.
- Install your Screws evenly
– This makes sure that your grip is installed evenly, and that you do not over tighten and risk stripping out your screws.
- Test. Test. Test,.
– Make sure that you don’t wait until game day to check your installation work. This seems like a no-brainer, but hook it up to air and dry fire it a bit, and check for leaks. Make sure your barrels spin properly when a battery is connected, all before you ever load up your first few thousand bb’s.
- Don’t be afraid to use tools
– As you see in the video above, We had to utilize some pliers to properly seat the electrical cables. Just be careful, and use the tools necessary to get the job done.
- Wear your best Bob Ross T-Shirt
– This last one is more of a suggestion, but we’re convinced he was good luck!
Hopefully, with the above video, and these tips, you can get an inside look on the Micro Gun, and have an easier time getting yours put together!